This article is in need of expansion and cleanup.
Please be sure to follow the guideline.
|as Regina Vasquez|
|Birthdate:||September 9, 1965|
Constance Marie is an American actress who plays Regina Vasquez in Switched at birth and Angie Lopez in the George Lopez show.
She is a Mexican American actress. In her personal life, Constance recently welcomed her first child into the world, Luna Marie Katich. Constance has been candid about the difficulties she faced trying to get pregnant and eventually turning to IVF. She is determined to reach out to women in similar situations, and is proud to let them know that they are not alone. In addition to being extremely knowledgeable about pregnancy wellness, Constance is a vegetarian and organic follower. She also practices a “green” lifestyle and is knowledgeable about “green” living. For instance, Constance decorated Luna’s nursery with completely organic and non-toxic materials. From the paint to the furniture and carpeting, Constance made sure that the room was safe for her baby and for the environment. In 2015 she seperated from her fiancé Kent Katich, father of her daughter.
Constance Marie is most known for her role as the hard hard-working and devoted wife, Angie, in George Lopez. For this beloved role, The Imagen Awards honored her with a “Best Actress in a TV series” award and a nomination for “Best Actress in a Comedy Series.”
R ecently, she has made guest appearances and CSI, The Secret Life of an American Teenager and According to Jim and starred opposite Jodi Lyn O’Keefe and Eric Roberts in The Hallmark Channel movie Class.
Constance is also currently writing a baby blog for People.com, sharing her experiences and thoughts on trying to conceive, pregnancy, her daughter’s first year, and green living.
In the debut year of George Lopez, Constance also starred in the Golden Globe®-nominated series American Family, alongside Edward James Olmos, Sonia Braga, Esai Morales and Raquel Welch. She was simultaneously starring in two television shows.
Constance’s thriving career began when she was a teenager in Los Angeles’ underground break-dancing scene. She was selected out of a group of 500 hopefuls to dance on tour with David Bowie. Upon returning to Los Angeles, she was cast as a dancer in the movie SALSA. The film’s choreographer, Kenny Ortega, introduced her to Steve Tisch, who offered Constance her very first acting job, a starring role as Penny on the CBS series Dirty Dancing.
It wasn’t long before Constance was working in feature films, starring as Toni Sanchez in the New Line film MI FAMILIA, directed by Gregory Nava, with whom Constance has worked numerous times. She won praise from fans for her portrayal of Tejano music legend Selena Quintanilla’s mother, Marcella, in the blockbuster film Selena. Only a year older than her onscreen daughter, the young and sexy Constance had to undergo four hours of extensive make-up in order for her to portray Selena’s mother. Constance also starred in the celebrated film, Tortilla Soup, playing Yolanda, the daughter of Raquel Welch. The film received an Alma Award nomination for “Outstanding Motion Picture.”
Television producer Gary David Goldberg soon offered Constance a role as Michael J. Fox’s antagonist love interest, Gabby, on the hit series Spin City. She also played Gabriella Diaz on Union Square, for which she received an Alma Award nomination for “Outstanding Female in a Comedy Series.” Constance portrayed Detective Toni Brigatti for two seasons on the popular series Early Edition opposite Kyle Chandler.
Episodes in Switched at BirthEdit
- No.1 This Is Not a Pipe
- No.2 American Gothic
- No.3 Portrait of My Father
- No.4 Dance Amongst Daggers
- No.5 Dogs Playing Poker
- No.6 The Persistence of Memory
- 1988: Glass Spider (as featured dancer)
- 1988: Salsa (as featured dancer)
- 1995: My family (as Toni)
- 1997: Selena (as Marcela Quintanilla)
- 1999: The last Marshal (as Rosa)
- 2000: Dancing in September (as Teresa Lopez)
- 2001: See Spot Run (as the neighbor)
- 2001: Tortilla Soup (as Yolanda)
- 2006: Puff, Puff, Pass (as Montana)
- 2010: Class (as Victoria corrales)
- 2014: Sweet Surrender (as Sandra)
- 1988: Dirty Dancing (as Penny Rivera)
- 1989: Santa Barbara (as Nikki Alvarez)
- 1991: The Man in the Family (as Jenny)
- 1991: Jake and the Fatman (as Bianca Alamán)
- 1991: Sibs
- 1992: Reasonable Doubts (as Officer Petra Delgado)
- 1992: The Hat Squad
- 1993: 12:01 (Joan Zevo)
- 1994: Island City (as Connie Sealle)
- 1995: Fast Company (as Liz Shelby)
- 1996: The Sentinentel (as Beverly Sanchez)
- 1997: The Underworld
- 1997: Spin City (as Gabby Sanchez)
- 1997-98: Union Square (as Gabriella Diaz)
- 1998-00: Early Edition (as Toni Brigatti)
- 1999: Two Guys and a Girl (Venita)
- 2000-01: For your Love (Samantha)
- 2001: Ally McBeal (Inez Cortez)
- 2002: Amarican Family (as Nina Gonzales)
- 2002-07: George Lopez Show (as Angie Lopez)
- 2008: CSI Crime Scene Investigation (as Det Carolina Flores)
- 2009: The secret life of the Amarican Teenager (as Virginia Molina)
- 2009: According to Jim (as Victoria)
- 2011-17: Switched at Birth (as Regina Vásquez)
- 2016: Angel from Hell (as Linda)
- 2017: Law & Order True Crime (as Marta Cano)